The Trauma Recovery Network
The Western Mass EMDR Trauma Recovery Network (TRN) is a team of volunteers, EMDR certified, licensed psychotherapists available to respond in the event of a disaster.
What Is The Trauma Recovery Network?
WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS EMDR TRAUMA RECOVERY NETWORK (TRN) IS A TEAM OF VOLUNTEER, EMDR–CERTIFIED PSYCHOTHERAPISTS AVAILABLE TO RESPOND IN THE EVENT OF A COMMUNITY CRISIS SUCH AS FIRE, NATURAL DISASTER OR VIOLENT EVENT.
THE TRN TEAM WILL:
- PROVIDE UP TO 5 FREE SESSIONS OF EMDR TREATMENT TO INDIVIDUALS AFFECTED BY COMMUNITY DISASTER
- COLLABORATE WITH THE AMERICAN RED CROSS AND OTHER FIRST RESPONDERS
- MAKE REFERRALS TO OTHER APPROPRIATE SERVICES
- EDUCATE COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS ABOUT THE PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT OF TRAUMA AND THE EFFECTIVENESS OF EMDR IN DISASTER RELIEF
TO REQUEST TRN SERVICES OR FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT TRN...
Desiree D. Lowit LICSW
Click here to register for the western Massachusetts TRN.
After a Disaster
brief EMDR treatment can alleviate common symptoms,
- sleep disturbance
- mood swings
- anger outbursts
- flashback of crisis
- disturbing dreams
- lack of energy
- lack of concentration
- family conflict
- difficulty focusing
- easily distracted
- overuse of medication
- physiological signs of stress
- impaired ability to work
- feeling of being "spaced out"
- increased use of alcohol or drugs
- increase of other addictive behaviors
- feeling of "nothing is the same"
- intrusive memories of the trauma
- avoidance of reminders of the event
IN A COMMUNITY CRISIS
such as a fire-natural disaster-violent event
- Network with community organizations
- Create collaborative response plans
- Accept referrals for evaluation and possible EMDR treatment
- Activate our trained network of EMDR therapists
- Provide up to 5 pro bono sessions in a therapist’s office or other designated location for assessment and
- EMDR treatment or
- Referral to other appropriate services
is an extensively researched method of psychotherapy. It can be an efficient and rapid treatment of trauma, incorporating elements from many other treatment approaches. EMDR has helped an estimated two million people.
The Western Mass. EMDR Trauma Recovery Network
- to network with your organization about working with you to further serve the community in the event of a disaster
- to provide education to your organization on trauma, EMDR treatment, and the effectiveness of EMDR in disaster relief